Congrats on finding the love of your life. Now that you have met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, the next phase is to get married while following the standards of ceremonial worshiping.
In this fast-paced life, when people are forgetting about traditions and customs, performing the rituals of a marriage ceremony is no less than a blessing.
If you are clueless about the customs or Vedic standards that need to be followed during marriage puja, then you can connect with the experts at Pujarambh. We offer astrology consultation, and our experienced priests can guide you for online puja for marriage.
Hindu Wedding Rituals Guide
The Marriage Puja in a Hindu wedding is multi-step process that lasts for at least three to seven. If you are busy individuals and want to cut short the ceremony, you can ask a priest to perform the following ceremonies on the same day.
- Engagement Ceremony Puja
- Ganesh Sthapana Puja
- Phera/ Panigrahana Ceremony
What does a Pandit do at a Wedding?
A Hindu wedding is a Vedic Yajna ritual that includes various ceremonies to offer prayers to the lord. The assurance of adhering to the correct marriage puja vidhi can only be obtained if you have a pandit at the wedding. A layman is not able to read a book, chant some mantras and get two people married. Below is the list of pujas and ceremonial worships were having a pandit is a must:
- Kanyadana: It is the puja where the father of the bride gives away his daughter to the groom.
- Panigrahana: It is the wedding puja sanskar where the bride and the groom take pheras around the sacred fire.
- Saptapadi: Pandits will chant mantra while the groom ties a sacred knot popularly known as Mangalsutra on the neck of the bride.
- Vakdaanam: It is a puja performed when the families of the bride and the groom give words to each other for a harmonious future. The puja is usually performed during the engagement ceremony.
- Vara Prekshanam: Mantras are chanted while the father of the bride performs a ceremony to welcome the groom into the family.
- Others: Apart from this, you will need an experienced Vedic priest during the puja for the wedding havan and later the Graha Pravesh of the new bride.
What is the Ritual for Marriage?
There are various rituals performed during a Hindu wedding. For instance, the festivities begin with Ganesh Sthapana where prayers are offered to Lord Ganesh to ensure a prosperous and peaceful wedding ceremony. Later, you will require wedding puja items for various ceremonial rituals including Haldi, engagement, wedding and Griha Pravesh.
Significance of a Marriage Ritual
In India, we like to have a beautifully decorated wedding puja pandal to make the celebrations grand. Besides, Hindu marriages are strongly linked with Vedic customs because following the rituals validates companionship.
Importance of marriage puja is another point of hot debate in modern generations. Some like to get married at a government office building others like to book wedding venues, hire pandit ji to make a Marriage Pooja Samagri List and exchange vows as per Vedic ritual.
Adhering to the customs and traditions and getting married amidst the chanting of mantras is very significant for the followers of Hinduism. Marriage is not a contract and to signify the validity, performing puja is a must.
Hindu Wedding Traditions & Ceremonies
The vivah puja is a long procedure that takes hours because according to Vedic rituals, the bride and groom must offer their prayers to different deities for a peaceful relationship in future.
Further, the Pre-marriage Rituals in Hindu Culture that make weddings memorable include but are not limited to:
- Haldi and mehendi rituals where the bride gets ready for a full-blown celebration
- The procession of the groom arrives, and the father of the bride gives away her daughter
- The bride and groom sit under a mandap in front of Agni Dev
- Pandits chant mantra and the couple exchanges vows
- The bride and the groom complete circles around the fire to validate their companionship
- The groom ties a Mangalsutra on the neck of the bride
- The newlywed couple enters their new home with a ceremonial worshipping
Which Mantra is Chanted during the Marriage?
During the wedding ceremonies, the Vedic priests will chant mantra to offer prayers to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Further, you will need wedding puja samagri for the Purvang Karma and Asthotara Namavali path.
During the purvang Karma, an individual needs to offer prayers to Lord Ganesha and conduct special puja for Kalash Sthapana, Rakshavidhan, Navgraha puja and Puja of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati.
Which Pooja is done in Marriage?
The vivah puja mantras that are essential for Hindu wedding includes the following:
- Mangalya Puja Mantra
- Maa Katyayani Puja Mantra
- Ganesh Puja Mantra
- Gandharva Puja Mantra
Which Temple is Powerful for Marriage?
Devotees seeking an early marriage must worship Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati. Further, Thirumanancheri Temple is considered the most powerful temple for marriage as the place associated with the marriage of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati.
If you are unable to visit the temple, you can hire a knowledgeable priest who can visit your place and perform the prayers to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati for an early marriage.
Wedding, Vivah, Lagna, Kalyanam or there are different other names for the celebration of the union of two individuals. According to Hinduism, wedding ceremonies include prayers and offerings to the Almighty, therefore, adhering to the Vedic standards is essential.
Not sure about the wedding rituals or worried about where to find the vivah puja samagri? Leave all your worries to Pujarambh, which is the #1 service for online puja booking. You can book an experienced Vedic priest to follow the rituals and processes of a Hindu wedding.