Rudra is one of the names devotees acknowledge Lord Shiva. Rudrabhishek puja is regarded as one of Hinduism's most pure ceremonies. Rudrabhishek puja entails offering Lord Shiva a sacred bath, as well as flowers and holy puja supplies. Rudrabhishek Puja can be performed on the eve of Maha Shivratri, Shravan Somwar, or Pradosh Kaal Puja.
6 Special Types Of Rudrabhishek Puja
Jal Abhishek is done with water, as the name suggests, for the fulfillment of desires from Lord Shiva. It is said that it would be better if you could use the holy water Gangajal.
It is believed that if you perform Rusdraabhishek with cow's milk, you'll be blessed with long life by Lord Shiva. The milk shouldn't be boiled or heated and needs to be fresh.
If you are facing too many troubles and going through a rough time, performing Rusdraabhishek with Shahad, aka honey, will free you from your misfortunes and make your life easier with Lord Shiva's blessings.
For prosperity, wealth and abundance, devotees perform the Rusdraabhishek with Panchamrit. Panchamrit, as the word suggests, is a mixture of five liquids, curd, honey, unboiled cow's milk, sugar and Ghee.
Pure Cow's Ghee is used in several Pujas. You can use it for Rusdraabhishek as well for protection against disease and illness.
If you are a couple having issues with conceiving a child, then performing Rusdraabhishek with Dahi is said to give a beneficial outcome.
Rudrabhishek Puja Samagri List
You'll need the following materials to perform Rudrabhishek at home.
2. Incense sticks
6. Fresh Milk
8. Rose Water
10. Ganga Jal
11. Camphor (Kapoor)
12. Supari, Laung, Elaichi
13. Bel Patra, Datura, Paan
14. Bel Fruit, Betal Nut, Coconut
15. Holy Ash
16. Rice Grains (Unbroken)
Rudrabhishek Puja Procedure
Before we start with the Vidhi, make sure you read the steps carefully and go over them a few times. Rusdraabhishek should be done very carefully and needs to be followed in detail for maximum benefits.
Cover a wooden chowki with a small white cloth and place a brass or silver plate on it. Place the Shiva Linga on it and let the pointed end of the Linga be facing North.
Place the Diya / Lamp with oil or Ghee on the right of the Shiv Linga. Next, you need to sit in front of the Shiva Linga facing east on an aasan.
Strip the holy ash on your forehead in three horizontal stripes. These three stripes represent knowledge, purity and penance. Then, wear a mala of Rudraksha beads to balance your Chakras during the Puja.
Place all the items of the Puja on a plate and then in front of you. Sprinkle water on it while chanting the below mantra over yourself:
- "Om Apavitrah Pavitro Va Sarva Vastan Gatopi Va
- Yah Smaret Pundan Kaksham Sa Bahya Bhyantarah Shuchi”
Next, light the Ghee Diya and chant the following to yourself while remembering Guru, Ganesh, Deity and Parents:
- "Om Gurubhyo Namaha;
- Om Ganeshaya Namaha;
- Om Kula Devatabhyo Namaha;
- Om Ishta Devatabhyo Namaha;
- Om Mata Pitribhyam Namaha"
Place water on your right hand with a spoon. Take a sip after each of these mantras:
- "Om Keshavaya Namaha
- Om Narayana Namaha
- Om Madhavaya Namaha"
Again place the water on your right hand and pour it onto the ground:
- "Om Govindaya Namaha"
- Do three short rounds of pranayama breaths.
- "Om Pranavasya Parabrahma Rishihi Paramatma Devata
- Daivi Gayatri Chandaha
- Pranayamae Viniyogaha"
Now the Rusdraabhishek will start. Clean the ShivLingam with water and then offer the liquids one by one. Keep chanting "Om Namah Shivay" while doing so.
- Water mixed with Gangajal and Gulab Jal (Rose water)
- Unboiled milk
- Sugarcane juice/ Fruit juices
Wipe the ShivaLingam with a clean cloth and place it on Pedestal again. Chant the Sadyojaat mantra below:
- "Om Sadyojaatam Prapadyaami Sadyojataajava Namo Namaha
- Bhave Bhavenaati Bhave Bhavasvamaam Bhavodbhavay Namaha"
Make a Tripunda on the Shivling's Western Face with the Sandal Paste. Chant the below Vamdev Mantra
- "Om Vamdevaya Namah, Jyeshthaay Namah, Shreshthay Namah, Rudr
- Pramathanaay Namah, Sarva Bhoot Damanaay Namah, Manomanaay Nama”
Offer incense and dhoop while chanting
- "Om Aghorebhyo Ghorebhyo Ghor Ghor Tarebhayaha
- Sarvebhya Sarva Sharvvebhyo Namaste Astu Rudra Roopebhyaha"
- Chant “Om Tatpurushaaya Vidmahe Mahadevaay Dheemahi, Tanno Rudraha Prachodayaat” and offer flowers
Now, chant these mantras one by one slowly:
- Om Eeshaanah Sarvavidysanam Eeshwar Sarvabhootaanaam
- Brahmandipati Brahmanaadhipati Brahma Shivome Astu Sadaa Shivom
- Avahanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Asanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Vastram Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Chandanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Akshatan Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Pushpam, Belpatram Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Dhupam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Deepam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Naivedyam Samarpayamni Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha
- Tambulam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namahal
- Shri Phalarn Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha"
Burn the camphor and chant:
- "Karpura Shivam Karuna Vataram Samsara Saram Bhujagendraharam
- Sada Vasantam Hridaya Ravinde Bhavam Bhavani Sahitam Namami"
- Then, chant the Gayatri mantra 3 times
- "Om Bhur Bhuvah Swaha
- Om Tat Savitur Varenyum Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayat"
- Chant Surya mantra 3 times next:
- "Om Bhu Om Bhuvaha Om Swaha Om Maha Om Janaha Om Tapaha Om Satyam"
- Touch your right eye, left eye, and forehead after repeating each of the following mantras. Follow the sequence:
- "Om Apo Jyothi Raso Amtritam
- Brahma Bhu Bhuvaha Swarom"
- Chant the Mahamrityunjaya mantra 108 times with Rudraksha mala.
- "Om Haum Joom Sah ,Om Bhur Bhuvaha Swaha
- Om Triambakam Yajamahey, Sungandhim Pushti Vardanam
- Urvar Ukamiva Bandhanan, Mrityor Muksheeya Mamritat
- Om Swaha Bhuvaha Bhu Om Sah Joom Haum Om"
- Bow and then chant this last prayer;
- "Om Purnamada purnamidam purnath purnamudyachite
- Purnasya purnamadaya purna mevaya shishyate
- Om Shanti Shanti Shanti"
Rudrabhishek Puja Cost
It's hard to give the exact cost of the Puja. It can vary according to the type and place. You can check the price of a Rudrabhishek Puja .
Why You Should Perform The Rudrabhishek Puja
Lord Shiva is the supreme divine. He is known for both his kindness and anger. Lord Shiva is a "giver" to all his devotees and performs the Rudrabhishek Puja on special occasions and provides multiple benefits. Here are a few benefits of performing this divine Puja:
- It provides spiritual growth
- It is also known to cure physical diseases and keep you healthy
- You are blessed with prosperity and abundance
- It also calms the effect of both Shani and Rahu
- You can be blessed with multiple opportunities for growth
- It maintains harmony in the family
- It brings peace into your life
- It cleanses your home of any negative vibrations
A Final Word:
Everyone can benefit from the Rudrabhishek Puja. This Puja will only bring prosperity and protect you from harm. To make your life easier and have a spiritual experience, Rudrabhishek Puja is one of the easiest and most beneficial ways.