The most powerful of all gods, the Sun God can be pleased by reciting Aditya Hridayam Stotram. This sacred stotram is known to be the most powerful of all prayers of Planet Sun, and it has the power to energize the devotee both mentally and physically. As per the pandits, the verses from the stotram were also mentioned in the Valmiki’s Ramayana during the Yuddha Kanda.
As per Valmiki Ramayana, the effective Aditya Hridayam Stotram was recited by Sage Agastya Muni during Lord Rama’s battle with Ravana. When Rama was battling for days, there was a need to calm him down and to empower him with both physical and mental strength to face Ravana on the battlefield. By chanting this stotram three times, Lord Rama gained immense strength and defeated Ravana on the battlefield. The Aditya Hridayam Stotram is a psalm that glorifies Sun God who is the supreme ruler.
No of Panditji(s) : 1 | Duration : 2-3 hrs | Pujan Samagri Included
The hymn verse of Aditya Hridayam Stotram starts with the battle of Lord Rama and Ravana. By performing the Aditya Hridayam Stotram puja, one can escape and strongly overcome the hard and challenging times. As the stotram includes various verses and is powerful, it is important to recite it with utmost care and without any mistakes. Thus, it is advised to get the puja done by an experienced and trusted pandit.
Also, the lyrics of Aditya Hridayam have a very in-depth meaning. During the chanting of these slokas, the devotee recites various names of the Sun God and praises his divine attributes and glory. Once the devotee understands the inner meaning of these sacred hymns, he/she can easily find a connection the God.
Aditya Hridayam Stotram also talks about the divine aspects of Surya Bhagavan, and how he bestows his devotees with good health and courage.
Aditya Hridayam Stotra Puja can be performed on any day and at any time. The puja is often performed during the early morning at the time of sunrise or before noon. The puja can be conducted online or you can even book a pandit online at Pujarambh for the same.
However, many devotees chant the Aditya Hridayam Stotram three times every day or once every day. During important or festive days like Sundays or Sankranti/Pongal or Ratha Saptami, devotees can chant this stotram to ward off the darkness.
Aditya Hridayam Stotram does not require much preparation, and when you book puja with Pujarambh, it includes all the puja Samagri required. However, some of the basic and essential Samagri for this puja include a copper vessel (which has to be filled with water), flowers, Arghya, sandalwood, rice grains, and durva.
Lord Rama himself was blessed with strength during his battle with Ravana after he chanted the Aditya Hridayam Stotram. This itself shows how powerful and beneficial chanting of this sacred hymn can be.
However, a few benefits of performing this puja are mentioned below.
- Aditya Hridayam Stotra puja blesses the devotees with peace and strength.
- It is a known fact that without the light and heat provided by the Sun God, there is no sustenance or survival of life on Earth. By performing this puja, the devotees can appease the god, thus getting his blessings.
- The recent times have been challenging for one and have affected our well-being. Aditya Hridayam Stotra puja not only restores the energy but also helps boost the morale of the devotee.
- Aditya Hridayam Stotra will help devotees face and overcome any hurdles in their life. It helps them rebuild their strength and confidence using the spiritual path.
- Reciting this stotram every day in the morning exposes the devotee to the sunlight which helps generate Vitamin D.
- The Sun is the illuminator, and by performing the Aditya Hridayam Stotra puja one can destroy their past sins, increase their confidence and determination and keep their body free from illnesses.
- As per Bhagavata, the people who want to have Tejas-Aura or positive energy around them should chant this stotram every day.
The following is the procedure followed during Aditya Hridayam Stotra puja.
- The puja starts with invocation, pooja, and offering naivedyam to Lord Ganapati.
- It is then followed by a puja to the navagrahas and Kalasa Aavahana.
- Then an abhiseka is performed to the deities followed by sthapana.
- This is followed by Sahasranama puja and pushpanjali.
- A Sankalpa is done with the name, nakshatra, and rasi of the devotee
The Aditya Hridayam Stotram which contains 13 shlokas, is sacred and helps invoke the immense power of the Sun God. It is also considered to be akin to Gayathri Mantra, yet very elaborate. When you Book a Pandit online at Pujarambh, they perform the puja following the procedures as stated in the Puranas.
Puja would be performed by experienced and well-versed vedic panditji. Panditji will bring gurukul approved authentic samagri. The procedures and rituals would be followed strictly as per Vedic standards. Puja will be performed as per muhurat timings. You will get all information and guidance post booking the Puja from your dedicated puja manager.
We will Bring: Bodysoul Agarbatti/Dhoop Pack, Kapoor/Camphor - 15gm, Rui batti - Round and Long, Kalawa 2Pc, Janeu 4pc, Laal Kapda, Safed Kapda, Peela Kapda, Haldi - 10gm, Kumkum - 10gm, Sindoor - 10gm, Mishri - 10gm, Chandan Powder - 10gm, Peeli Sarso - 10gm, Panchmeva - 100gm, Puja Supari - 9Pc, Ilaichi - 5gm, Laung - 5gm, Ganga Jal - 100ml, Honey, Gau Mutra - 50ml, Nariyal - 1Pc, Itra, Akshat 500gm, Tissue Paper - 50pc, Biodegradable Katori - 10Pc, Paper Plate - 15Pc, Havan Items if included.
You Will Arrange: Vessels, Oil Lamps, Mats, Bowls, Chowki, Plates, Milk, Curd, Prasad Sweets, Flowers, Mala, Photo or Murti, Bricks for Havan if included.